Serving both privately owned and publicly traded clients.
Internal audit departments play a crucial role in deciding how the organization meets its corporate governance and risk management objectives. At SolomonEdwards, we enable our clients to implement and/or improve their internal control environments.
SolomonEdwards brings extensive expertise in risk, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) assessments. Our GRC consultants are experienced in serving both privately owned and publicly traded clients with projects focused on internal controls. In these areas, our goal is to turn risk management and mitigation into results that optimize operations and foster organizational growth.
We have specific expertise surrounding:
- Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Advisory
- Internal Audit Services [Co-Sourcing, Outsourcing & Staff Augmentation]
- Internal Controls Optimization & Rationalization
- Internal Control over Financial Reporting (SOX)
- Fraud Risk Management
- Internal Control Optimization Services
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Control Enhancement
- Information Technology Risk Management
- IT Internal Audit
- Vulnerability Assessments & Cybersecurity
- IT Control and Security Reviews
- IT and Business Strategy Alignment
- Continuous Controls Monitoring
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Enterprise Risk Management
For regulatory compliance services specific to the banking industry, please visit this page.
Our Commitment to Your Business
Whether providing project management and execution or resources for project augmentation, we are committed to delivering:
- Pragmatic, effective deliverables that clients value
- Experts in revenue recognition, lease accounting and other key regulatory changes who offer expertise, insight and proper guidance into how regulations will impact your business
- Optimal value at a lower cost structure
Relevant Governance, Risk & Compliance Engagements
- Sarbanes-Oxley: SolomonEdwards performed the documentation and testing for an industrial manufacturing company within its largest division. The engagement was expanded to include the development of a standard documentation and testing methodology for eight sales operating systems. In the second year of a Sarbanes-Oxley assessment performed by SolomonEdwards, the number of controls tested was reduced by 26% by performing a detailed control rationalization of all entity-level and business process controls.
Internal Audit: SolomonEdwards assisted a public media and entertainment company with the establishment of an internal audit function. The client wanted to hire an experienced director to lead the endeavor. Understanding that the next 12-18 months were going to be transitional, the director engaged SolomonEdwards to provide various levels of industry and audit expertise. We successfully leveraged our business model to provide experienced auditors that provided SOX, operational, and IT audit activities.
Process/Control Optimization: SolomonEdwards was engaged by a trucking and logistics company to perform a comprehensive review of the driver onboarding process with respect to reducing overall processing time and improving service to its agents and applicants. SolomonEdwards developed current and future state workflows, which detailed all aspects of the onboarding process, and also made recommendations to remediate two major issues:
- Onboarding new drivers and equipment was ineffective and not done in a timely manner.
- Service complaints from agents, drivers, and owners were excessive. These included the client’s responsiveness to onboarding status queries, unanswered phones, lost documents, and agents’ perception of overly strict onboarding standards.
View additional success stories here.